
Saturday, my parents hosted a big ole' BBQ with lots of people I never get to see and it was great. My Uncle Norm brought his famous rum cake AND his famous cherry chocolate cake and I was happy as a clam. The night ended in a beer pong game that resulted in the gem of a picture above.

Sunday we went golfing, which was a giant FAIL. I stopped keeping score after the second hole. And we got to have drinks with my friend Cass and his VERY pregnant wife, Ashleigh. Their baby is pretty much guaranteed to be the most adorable thing ever. Yay for October babies!
Oh, and Izzy? Izzy spent the weekend doing this:

I was sad to leave, but luckily my momma sent us back with homemade lasagna and zucchini bread that's been keeping me from being too homesick all week. The secret recipe includes a cupful of love and a tablespoon of crack.
And lastly, this morning, I woke up and convinced myself to go for a jog. What I really wanted to do was watch trashy TV on the couch, but something in me drove me to get up and put my shoes on. It might have been the sausage gravy I had over the weekend and the bridesmaid dress fitting I have this afternoon. Or it could have been sheer determination. I pick determination.
Anyway, it was fate because mid-jog, I saw Vicki Gunvalson from the Real Housewives of Orange County walking down the sidewalk! So, in reality, I got to see trashy TV ON MY JOG! Best of both worlds!
Okay, #1 I did not get an invite to the massive BBQ with cake. Just wanted you to know. #2 That photo really is a gem. #3 Why were you keeping score in golf anyway? Isn't it a proven fact that the female Churchills are sports disabled? We have the determination, but skill...No. #4 Matt looks like a true golfer. Love the outfit. He needs a glove though. I'll remember that at Christmas. Is that the golf course on 61 that has a vending machine on the 4th hole? It looks fancier. #5 I miss you. #6 Did you stop jogging to chat with the housewife? Did you have her sign your arm?
ReplyDelete#1. Neither did I. I just show up to these things. #2. We rocked at beer pong. Correction-Matt rocked. I just did a lot of yelling. #3. At some point during golf, mom turned to Matt and said, "Isn't she a natural athlete?" in all seriousness. Moms are delusional. #4. That is the golf course on St Rt 61! It's still just as shitty as you remember. More so, even. #5. I miss you more! Just a little over a month! #6. No and no. I was really sweaty and huffing a lot. That's not how I want to make my celebrity debut.
ReplyDelete