
1. I have had the irresistible urge to incorporate pumpkins into every facet of my life lately. Examples from the past 72 hours: pumpkin doughnuts, a pumpkin latte, pumpkin candles, pumpkin beer, and baby pumpkins for the apartment.
2. Matt's momma and grandma spent the weekend with us and we had a great time. Matt's grandma is the bomb at Rock Band (do people still say that?). She killed on the guitar. Seriously. Killed.
3. On Thursday we saw Billy Elliot (thanks, Grandma Pat!). As a result, I'm pretty bitter about the fact that my parents never forced me to take dance lessons when I was little. That could have been me! What good did all those years in 4-H do me?!? Sure, if you want to discuss rabbit gestation or American Fuzzy Lop varieties, I'm your girl! But tap dancing would be a much cooler talent.
4. The National concert was great last night, although we chose to sit in actual seats and decided after the show that that's the true litmus test of whether you're officially old or not. Young people don't sit at concerts! They stand really close to other young people near the stage and dance and sing and holler! Old people sit in seats far away from the dancing because it's a Sunday night and they're a bit tired and they occasionally tap their feet to the beat and clap politely after every set. Last night, we were old people.
5. My favorite song from last night's show was Slow Show. It makes me swoon every time I hear it. I'm a sucker for lyrics.
"You know I dreamed about you
for twenty-nine years before I saw you
You know I dreamed about you
And I missed you for
for twenty-nine years.."
...sigh...
6. It is a gray and rainy day in Chicago and I am all alone in the office. I'm not sure how I'll stay awake for the next 5 hours.
7. On the plus side, it's officially boots and tights season. It's all I've worn for the past three days. Yay for boots and tights!
8. I learned last week that I'm no longer eligible to be Ms.USA because I'm too old. This news was almost as depressing as learning that I'm too old to be on the Real World. To be fair, I did choose to sit at a concert last night, but I'm certain there are other 27-year-olds out there who haven't quite stooped that low. What the heck?!
9. It's a three day workweek for this girl, since Thursday morning we'll be headed to Greenville, SC for Amber and Corey's wedding! Yay for short workweeks with celebrations at the end!
10. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment