
So, we didn’t go to Nova Scotia. But what we did do was just as cool. In a convoluted, ridiculous way, Kasey credits me with bringing back his sense of taste after he lost it as a result of an injury. So when he came in town, he took me to moto, a fancy molecular gastronomy restaurant near my apartment. We had the Grand Tasting Menu which included twenty ridiculous courses.
MARGARITA ceviche
C02 grapefruit
BUBBLE tea
40MHZ pheasant
CLAM bake
YELLOW snow
NUAC man
BASEBALL snacks
CUBAN cigar
FOREST roll
DELI-STYLE pasta
SHABU shabuccino
DUCK & mole
CREPES that are cheese
WILD strawberry
CURRY lime
BANANA split
ACME bombs
CHOCOLATE, truffles
SODA float
And had I known what I was in for, I wouldn’t have eaten a giant burger at Flub-A-Dub-Chub just hours before. But I hung in there and even managed to drink most of the twenty glasses of wine that were paired with the meal (much to my body’s dismay the next day). My favorite course was the clam bake (where the waiter picked up the candle that had been on our table all night and poured it over my plate, because it turns out it was butter all along!), and my least favorite course was the forest roll, which had rabbit in it (RIP Jasmine). We were there for a whopping 5.5 hours and I enjoyed every second.
The next day we returned to my trashier roots and went to Navy Pier to get temporary tattoos and eat elephant ears. Fun in a much different way. THANK YOU, KASEY!
Your life sounds like so much fun.
ReplyDelete