Monday, July 19, 2010

I hate yoga and that's ok.

Matt and I just did yoga. For an hour and a half. That’s an hour and a half of my life that I can’t get back.

From Stuff White People Like:

“Participation in this activity requires large amounts of money and time, both of which white people have a lot of. Yoga is basically the practice of stretching for one hour. Stretching should only take five minutes, other peoples would rather spend the extra fifty five minutes playing in an actual sport or spending time with their families and friends.

Yoga is also an expensive activity. It gives white people the chance to showcase their $80 pants. The cost of four yoga classes is equal to the amount of money it would take to pay for uniforms and travel costs of an AAU Basketball team in the inner city. Lastly like other stuff that white people like, yoga feels exotic and foreign and deep down in some way, white people feel that participation makes up for years of colonial rule in India.”


I agree with the folks from SWPL. I’m done with you now, yoga. I gave you a chance but unfortunately, I hate you. And I don’t even feel a little bit bad about it.

I'll add that to my list of "Things I Tried to Like But Just Can't", which includes: tequila, Harry Potter, wasabi, and TV on the Radio, amongst other things.

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment