I had my first snowflake sighting yesterday.
For most of us who grew up in a seasonal climate, there's something a little bit magical, but also a little bit dreadful about that first sighting.
It means that the holidays are coming, but also that it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
And for those of us who live in cities, winter weather presents a special kind of hell. Like this morning, when I waited in what "feels like" 11F for 20 minutes for a bus that finally just passed me without stopping because it was too full. Or the fact that pseudo-professional ladies like myself are forced to ruin that image by wearing UGG boots to court. Or the continuous making of deals with God that if your train comes RIGHTNOW you'll do all sorts of good deeds (or refrain from certain bad ones).
Yes, the next three months are going to be a challenge. But we'll all come out of it as stronger people. Right? RIGHT?
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There's a reason(s) people retire to Florida.
ReplyDeleteCold, Grey, Wet, did I mention Cold, Grey and Wet?