1. This kid has resolved to watch Julie and Julia everyday for a year and to blog about it as he goes. He's hilarious.
2. This is also a great time killer. Who doesn't know a STFU Parents culprit?
3. I got to see the lunar eclipse on Monday night. It occurred on the winter solstice for the first time in a billion years, or something like that (I'm sure the astrologists had something to say about that). It was pretty phenomenal, but I couldn't get a good picture of it if my life depended on it. It could have been the fact that it was 2:30AM.
4. Before I left Chicago for the Outer Banks, Matt took me to fancy dinner as part of my Christmas present. I had foie gras for the first time in my life and I will never be the same. Foie gras was banned in Chicago from 2006-2008, but it's back and boy, am I glad. Sorry, vegetarian friends (ahem, Haley). What's good for the goose is good for the gander (jokes!).
5. A big congrats to my friend, Megan, who got engaged last week! (Interesting statistic: 33% of my college housemates have gotten engaged in the past 4 months). I'm just so excited for all of them!
6. While I'm doing shout-outs, happy belated birthday to my quasi-mother-in-law (and most loyal blog-reader), Linda! (I suspect the reason she's my most loyal blog-reader is that she enjoys pictures of her grand-kitty almost as much as I do.) I hope you wore a tiara all day!
7. I have LOTS of New Year's resolutions. One of which is to stop writing blog posts in numbered lists. But, right now, it's all I've got in me.
Alright, I've got to get back to eating pork, playing Scrabble, and drinking too much. My sister and the kids gets here tomorrow and then this place turns into Christmas Central, so until then I need to take advantage of the calm before the storm. Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
1 .Oh my.......where did that picture come from? And thanks for the birthday shout out!!
ReplyDelete2. Yes, I am a loyal reader, cause you are so freaking funny!!
3. Yes it's true, I DO enjoy the pictures of my adorable grand-kitty!
4. Wow, another engagement...........*sigh*
5. Tell all "hello", and have a ton of fun when everyone gets there!
6. Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too!
XXOO