Thursday, September 1, 2011

Turns out, I had to go all the way to Paris to find out that I don't really like macarons!
 
 
That was a shocker!  I was so convinced I'd love them that I insisted we buy a whole box from a pâtisserie (I have no idea what that thing above the "a" is.  You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl).  I was just so sure I'd want a whole box of them!
 
I tried all the flavors and then we threw them away.  Macarons are yucky.
 
And that was the most surprising thing that happened while we were away.
 
The end.
 
Sike!
 
There was also this:
My favorite part of this picture is Matt's surprised face.  I can't decide if it's like, "Whoa, where did she get that ring?" Probably more like, "OMG, what have I done?"

Anyway, I'm sure this came as no surprise to any of you, as I was pretty adamant about notifying people so that they didn't find out via Facebook.  Although I hope my ex-boyfriends found out on Facebook.  And then went to bed and cried. 

In all seriousness, we're very excited.  And Matt's somehow under the impression that being engaged "gives him more freedom."  Which is hilariously adorable.  So we're off to a good start.


XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you both. We are coming to Chicago in three weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to go out and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete