I’ll be honest. I forgot this thing existed. To be fair, my memory is getting worse by the second. I watched four Law and Order SVU episodes yesterday and I couldn’t tell you what any of them were about if my life depended on it. I’d guess rape. Or murder. Or a rape-murder combo.
Anyway.
I took a new position at work. I’d tell you what it is, but I’m not entirely sure yet and I won’t know more until I start next week. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t involve a mop and a broom. In good news, my new position came with a raise! In bad news, my health insurance payment went up exactly that amount. Universe: 1; Nikki: 0.
I had Matt thisclose to letting us drive to Mount Vernon, Indiana to pick up an adorable and expensive puppy over the weekend. Mostly because I was bored and needed a little excitement in my life. Damn this Chicago weather! We were going to name him Watson or Gary and he was going to love me and do all sorts of tricks and play nice with Izzy. Somehow Matt managed to stall long enough that I forgot all about the puppy. Which is probably what I would have done once we got Watson home (see above about progressively worsening memory). This is best for everyone. Mostly Watson.
In other news, I found out today that John Travolta is bald. This pretty much rocked my world. What else don't I know? Things are not as they seem! God, if I find out that Michael Bolton's beautiful mane isn't real I might just give up on life right now.
We have an exciting few weeks coming up! This weekend, my friend Signe is in town. Next weekend, I’m off to St. Louis for Jaime’s bridal shower. And the following weekend, our friends Steve and Katrina are coming to stay. So I’ll have lots to report on when I check back in! And maybe pictures. I'm sure you're dying to see a picture of me, in my sweatpants, watching Law and Order SVU while I browse the internet for puppies, but I prefer to keep you waiting.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If the new job doesn't work out, maybe this blog thing will pan out like the Pioneer lady. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteHello......
ReplyDelete