Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where the Hell is that global warming everyone is talking about?


I shouldn't be whining.  I am, after all, at home having the first snow day I've had since my days as a Big Walnut Eagle.  They are still just as exciting.

Hightlights:
1. The Chicago Police Department bought a whole bunch of snowmobiles to rescue stranded drivers during the blizzard.  And because snowmobiles are fun.
2. Chicago Public Schools were closed for the first time in 12 years.  Those poor kids deserved a damn snow day.
3. We got to see "thundersnow" which is every bit as awesome as it sounds.

Even Matt stayed home today, although as I type he's sitting next to me doing work.  He has no idea how to have a snow day.  Rule One: You do not do work on a snow day.  Rule Two: See Rule One.



Before all this chaos began, I spent a very quick weekend in Sunbury celebrating my quasi-Aunt Dee's birthday.  I got pretty sick while I was there, which my mom attributes to all the rum cake I ate.  I don't know why I thought that baked goods ladened with liquor wouldn't have the same effect on me that liquor normally has.  Damn that cake for being so delicious and deceptive!  Nevertheless, Happy birthday, Dee!  I hope you had a snow day today, too and are spending the afternoon in your reading room!

Now it's time for me to get back to not working.  I realize I've been a negligent blogger lately and I promise more posts just as soon as I damn well feel like it.

4 comments:

  1. Tomorrow will be snow day #3 this week for Big Walnut...I feel like I should be more productive on my time off, but I will try to follow your rules. Glad to hear you guys are getting some time off too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birdie!!!! Where did (s)he come from? Walnut Creek? The Big Walnut? Walnut Grove??? PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you're mocking me, Linda. The birdie is from Sunbury. And taken from the comfort of my parents' dining room table. I'm like a lazy National Geographic photographer.

    ReplyDelete