Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


*Ah, Halloween. The forgotten holiday (for me, at least). I haven't dressed up since 2005 and I haven't seen a trick-or-treater since long before that. I hope some of you did something awesome to make up for my failures.

*Upon turning 27, I realized it was time to get shit done. I made a Thirty Before Thirty list. It seemed like a good idea for a girl like myself who has a hard time getting off the couch unless there's a goal or an incentive involved. I also very much like crossing things off of lists.

*One of the things on my list was to learn how to cook Pad See Ew. Everytime I order it I say, "This can't be that hard to make!" And that was true. Sort of. It started with a trip to an Asian market (because my grocery store doesn't carry kai-lan (Chinese broccoli) or bahn pho (rice noodles). (Just droppin' a little egg of knowledge on your head there. Thank me later.) I had to take a chance on a few ingredients because nothing was in English and I made the clerks nervous when I attempted to ask them questions. One woman said, "I don't understand why you are trying to ask me!" I assume what she meant to say was that she didn't understand what I was trying to ask her. But maybe not. Anyway, it was awesome and now I feel ready to attack the rest of my list. Stay tuned.

*I'm fairly certain that I would be BFF with the following people if given the chance: The Pioneer Woman, John Cusack, Rachel McAdams, Ben Folds, and Ellen DeGeneres.

*Things making me happy as of late: An impromptu visit from Collin, the beach house in the Outer Banks we just booked for SBK2K11, my trip to FL for my sister's birthday, and my family coming to ME for Thanksgiving this year. Suck it, Sunbury!

*As for the picture above, it was the only Halloween-related picture I could find. Although I have a lot of questions about it. Like, why did nobody tell me to stop eating so many carbs? And what is Jaime supposed to be? And why did I have to cut someone out because they weren't wearing pants?

3 comments:

  1. I've never had Pad See Ew, so I would very much like you to make it at one of the beach house excursions in the near future. I'm sure they have bahn pho at the Food Lion, right?

    Also, I'd like to see your 30 before 30 list. I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with the Pioneer Woman. Not in a creepy way, but in a "I know we'd really hit it off" way.

    ReplyDelete