
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
“Sunbury is a village in Delaware County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,630 at the 2000 census. The village is centered around a New England-esque traditional town square with the historic village hall located in the center of a village green.”
That sounds fancy. In reality, Sunbury is more...shall we say “quaint?” And in fact, I’m not quite sure what they do in that “village hall” anymore. It used to be the community library. I served pulled pork out of it for a cheerleading fundraiser. The Lion’s Club sells Christmas trees there. But I’m not sure what it’s used for on an everyday basis.
On Thursday, I will return to my stomping grounds for a long weekend at home (let’s not get into a discussion about where “home” is anymore, that’s a blog for another day). My mom claims to have Easter Baskets. We’re going to go golfing. And I’m going to investigate that “village hall.”
Also, in kind-of-related news, I had an unexpected visit with Sarah Selong, one of my college roommates, this week, who was spending her SB2K10 in Chicago. She told me they’re likely closing my old elementary school. In which case, I’ll also be spending some time this weekend digging up our awesome 5th grade time capsule because honestly, I’m not sure who else can be trusted with such a task. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment