Saturday, July 9, 2011

One of my Thirty Before Thirty goals was to give up TV for a month.  In theory, this shouldn't be hard.  We didn't have cable when I was growing up, I don't remember watching a lot of TV in college, and when I moved to the city I just had bunny ears, which don't really work in Chicago.
 
Then I moved in with Matt.  Who loves TV unabashedly.  He frequently says very sweet things to me that I discover months later are direct quotes from Friends episodes (Do you think we're Ross and Rachel, or Monica and Chandler?  Probably Monica and Ross).  And before I knew it, I was making up for lost time, watching anything and everything.  Sometimes twice.  There was so much I had missed out on! 
 
So it's day 5.  And last night we had a 20 minute conversation about whether I should get an electric toothbrush.  Because that's the kind of shit you talk about when you're forced to do nothing but interact all the time.  And luckily we didn't come to any conclusions, so we still have something to talk about for the next 25 days. 
 
God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment