Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SB2K11OBX By the Numbers


3: Popped collars at our "Yacht Rock" party.
36: Number of hours spent on the road.  Only truly horrible during the last five or so.
1: Bushel of crabs eaten.  This was the cause of one super-deep cut on my finger, which we have dubbed a "white person injury."  "Oh, this?  I got it eating Jimmies in the surf."
50: SPF needed to protect our Midwestern winter skin.  I packed SPF 15, which may have been optimistic.  I never did get to step down.
24: Bottles of wine consumed.  This figure does not include champagne, which I would estimate at another ten bottles.
3: Pieces of sea-glass found.  To be fair, my mom wasn't there to help me.
20: Pounds of pork shoulder devoured.  In hindsight, this makes me a little sick.
2: Number of skinny dippers.  None of which were me.
3 Million: Number of stars we saw when the electricity on the island went out one night.  My favorite hour of the trip.

Until next time, OBX.

No comments:

Post a Comment