Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back by popular demand!

And by "popular demand" I mean my mom and my sister asked about why I hadn't posted.  And that's all the demand I need to feel like they like me!  They really like me!  And who am I not to give the people what they want?
 
I have no excuses, except that March was cray-cray.  I hate those people who are always bragging about how busy they are and how full their social schedules are and making you feel bad about your own monotonous nights filled with reruns of Law and Order SVU and leftovers with your cat.  But for realsies, it was a busy month.  Here is the short version:
 
Visit from Signe: Technically pre-March, but post-the last blog posting.  We made a second attempt at this awesome moment:

The only thing missing were those awesome bangs and I think that's for the best.
 
Trip to St. Louis for Jaime's bridal shower: Glad I could be there for the kick-off of their wedding festivities!  It was a quick, 36-hour trip, but we stayed up very late and made the best of it!
Steve and Katrina came to visit: Cuban food, dancing, and matzo ball soup ensued.  We also celebrated Derek's birthday.  The theme was green.  Like, the color.  Not eco-friendly.  There was a lot of dressing up, but I'm not totally sure why.  
This is a wig.  And thank God for that because the birthday boy looks like a real child molester with that hair.



Matt will literally take ANY excuse to wear a vest without a shirt on.  The kid was born to be a Chippendales dancer.  
 
Amber came to visit: I got to see her for four nights which is a total rarity!  We ate our way through most of the city and I miss her face already.
Sometimes we wear matching outfits.  By accident.  
 
Indoor water park for Jeannil's b-day: Honest to God, this was her birthday wish.  To go to an indoor water park filled with screaming kids and E. coli.  I wish I had pictures from this day.  It was surreal.  Thank goodness they had a bar.  Also, Matt scraped up his face horsing around in the lazy river.  And the only thing more sad than a bunch of adults without kids at an indoor water park is an adult busting up his grill at an indoor water park.

Throw in a trip to Michigan to celebrate Kelsey's birthday, which was great, and a trip to Minnesota for a family funeral, which was both sad and beautiful, and that wraps up March.

Clearly we're well into April.  And there's nothing on the agenda for a few weeks.  And that makes me so, so happy.  Because while March was full of fun times...sometimes I need to watch reruns of Law and Order SVU and eat leftovers with my cat.

2 comments:

  1. Where to begin......where to begin. I know............ the VEST!!! When I look at this picture, I can see Matt in the SNL skit, head banging to the side with the song "What is Love" blaring in the background. Or, maybe he just likes the vest. Whatevs.
    Thanks for the update Nikki! As usual, I am amazed/disappointed you aren't writing books for millions of people/dollars. Someday.......

    BTW---the bangs are ADORBS!!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for FINALLY blogging. I've missed you. You made me LOL, and I really needed that.

    ReplyDelete